Whitecourt Insurance Ltd. is currently seeking an experienced commercial lines insurance broker to join our team in Whitecourt, Alberta.
The successful candidate for this role must possess the soft skills necessary for successful relationship management, be self-motivated, organized, value customer service, be able to work independently with team goals as the priority, and possess a high level of ambition and initiative.
- Minimum 2+ years Commercial Insurance Experience
- Holds an Alberta Level 2 General Insurance Broker License
- CIP, FCIP, CRM, CAIB or other business designations are assets
- Policy Works and Power Broker experience are considered assets. Training will be provided if no experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Experience in all sizes of accounts.
- Due to the highly sensitive nature of our client’s information, candidates may be required to provide a Criminal Record Check prior to employment being offered.
What We Offer
- A warm and casual, yet professional office environment.
- Opportunity for advancement for qualified individuals as we continue to grow.
- Compensation and vacation negotiable based on past experience, proven education, and skills.
- Group Benefits.
- Attractive vacation time.
- Participation in “Team and Individual Bonuses” for professional / personal development when offered by our organization.
- Provide a high standard of customer service by providing insurance needs assessments, reviews and advice to new and existing clients.
- Ensure thorough and accurate file documentation, sound procedure workflow, and appropriate placement of business within our available markets as per Whitecourt Insurance’s policies and the client’s needs.
- Provide experienced in-house support, marketing, renewal processing, and client service to accounts written by brokerage producers.
- Ensure profitability of our commercial book of business through careful account review, selection and placement in the market.
- Proactively seek the opportunity to cross-sell other lines of business and develop clients into ‘total account’ clients, as well as, refer commercial lines clients to our personal insurance department as the opportunities present themselves.
- Develop and maintain a high level of education and understanding of all products and services offered by the various insurance markets.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the underwriting, marketing and claims personnel at the insurance companies we access.
- Participate in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives to increase our Brand Awareness, attract new clients, and secure new referral sources.
- Ongoing professional advancement through training courses, seminars, and educational academies put on by our insurance market partners.
- Be respectful of clients, co-workers and Management.
- Other responsibilities as required.